Please note: Our rental is unavailable until further notice.
Enjoy a few days' getaway in this cottage, built in 2006, in a large garden setting. It's a quiet neighborhood, with a nice rural feel. Owners, long-time Portland residents, live next door.
The cottage is:
- A 15-minute drive from the airport
- A 15-minute drive to downtown
- A 15-minute walk to public transit that will easily take you to both of those places and many others.
- A 15-minute walk to coffee shops, cafes, and groceries
- On a quiet residential street in the Cully Neighborhood, near NE 42nd and Prescott, and Rigler School
Easy access to I-5, I-84, and I-205.
Day outings to mountains, seashore, rivers and desert are easily made from this location in NE Portland.
Making airline, train or bus connections in Portland and need a layover day to decompress? Do it here. Rest in this quiet cozy cottage or see some of the beautiful places around Portland
This 620 square feet cottage — built in 2006 — was featured in the 2008 "Build it Green" tour of homes sponsored by the Portland Office of Sustainable Development.
Our cottage has been featured in the following:
- Read a featured story in The Oregonian
- Ecotrope: "Peek Into Some Of Portland's Small Homes"
- This Is The Little Life: "My Summer Garden Cottage"
- And in this video on Accessory Dwelling Units
(Granny's Garden Cottage appears at 4 minutes and goes to 5:40 minutes)
The large organic garden was featured in Metro's garden tour in 2007
"Granny" was a resident of this property many years ago, who we know of through her family. Friendship with that family is how we came to enjoy what for 34 years we've called Granny's Place.
Other stuff you want to know: (Be sure to look at the pictures!)
- Sleeps 2-4 (queen bed plus fold-out futon couch)
- Clothes washer and dryer
- Full kitchen
- On-site parking
NO-SMOKING Entire property is smoke free.